Friday, March 2, 2012

thirty-one months old



Thirty-one months old. Two years, seven months. Wow. Seriously, just wow. I can't even wrap my brain around it. Because it feels sometimes that I'm meeting Britton for the first time. She's growing so fast I swear she gets taller at daycare. Like I dropped her off an infant and I pick her up a CHILD.



Britton is getting so tall that a mom at the playground was surprised to find out she is just 2.5 years old because Britton was taller than her 3.5 year old! And she's talking up a storm now, just telling stories and singing and producing a stream of consciousness that would make Faulker proud. Every night before I turn out the lights, she lays in her crib and asks me, "Where's Cameron?" And I reply, "In bed." Then she goes, "Mom, where's Peyton?" And I answer the same "In bed" and we go through every kid in her class, sometimes her teachers too, sometimes even Sadie and inanimate objects get questioned. We're reading every night, made even better by the weekly library trips so at least I don't have to read the same 5 books every night!



And in potty training news, Britton has taken to "doing a deuce" on the toilet every night before bed! She's still having accidents at school, though I'm starting to think the teachers are slacking on asking her if she needs to go. She didn't have this many accidents 2 weeks ago, so something has changed and its not Britton.

Every evening we've taken to going to the playground. Britton loves the slides and swings, and most of all the other kids who may be there playing as well. And we like to take advantage of the warm days we've been having, even if it means running away from the giant bugs in the grass!

And who doesn't love an open sunroof on a sunny day?



We got Britton a stool to reach the toilet in her bathroom, and let me tell you what - she loves that stool. It has a handle on top, and she uses it to reach the light switches, toilet, anything she can, because Britton is now Miss Independent. She wants to do it all herself, and I sometimes need to check my patience level because I know it's important for Britton to be able to do things for herself. Even if it seems to take forever.





Likes: Singing, Memaw and PawPaw visiting, hand-feeding Sadie her food piece by piece, ice cream cones, bubbles, helping us, doing it herself, music

Dislikes: Anyone opening doors/turning on lights/putting down garage doors without her having a chance to do it first, leaving the playground

No comments:

Post a Comment