Wednesday, March 21, 2012

our afternoons

Every afternoon I stop work around 4:15 pm to start on dinner. I get dinner to the point where it's almost ready (anything that takes a while, like chicken), then go pick up Britton from daycare.

And when we get to our street, I put her window down and she completely expects it. We pull over on the side of the road, and call out to "Mommy Horsey." There's also a Shetland pony we call "Baby Horsey." Now, I'll fill you in on a little secret - "Mommy Horsey" is in fact a boy. But we still call him "Mommy Horsey" and call out for him and he comes over to the fence and nods at us.




Then we go home and I finish dinner while Britton plays. Usually with Sadie, and markers, and coloring books. But today I surprised Britton with some new number flashcards! And she promptly spent the next fifteen minutes "teaching" Sadie her numbers. Adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment