Wednesday, March 28, 2012

pattern maker

During a work break, I stumbled upon an incredible pixel quilt pattern maker which uses your photo to make a quilt pattern. Check it out here at the Victoria and Albert Museum website. It's a time vacuum, so I had to stop myself at the few quilts I made! Or else, really, I could have been on there all day. Truth is, as ya'll know, I'm not a big fan of modern quilts. But these don't seem too modern to me, and they are what every quilt should be - personal.

If you have trouble seeing the picture in the pattern, just stand up away from the computer screen.

Sadie...




Britton...




Tried out Steam Boat Willie...




And a random flower...




And Britton as a baby in black and white...




So many tiny squares, but the website gives you a listing of fabric colors and how squares and triangles of each color you'll need. Hmmmmmm.......addition to the project file?

1 comment: