Wednesday, February 29, 2012

happy leap year day!

It's a leap year this year, so we get a February 29th and a chance for the sun and stars and earth to align since the axis spinning is a little slow. I think that's how it works, in a way. Anywho, since leap year is every four years, I tried to remember where we were four years ago....

Been married 1.5 years. Sadie was 1.5 years old. The hub and his dad went to see WVU and OU battle it out in the Fiesta Bowl. The hub and I, plus Jessica and the kids, went to Disney World together over Spring Break. The hub bought a motorcycle. We lived in West Virginia. The hub, me, and Cammy went to the Outer Banks, and I haven't been back since. The hub and I both turned 30. We went on our first Disney cruise. We made Britton. We had Christmas at our house for the first time.

Whew! And now, a much easier time to remember - four days ago...

Memaw and I were pirates. Not really, though I do keep "pirate" on my short list of awesomely incredible career options. We went to The Party in Fort Worth, which raises money for the development of Fort Worth. The theme this year was "Treasure Island" and everyone was strongly encouraged to dress up as pirates. I donated my second charity quilt, and it made $100 in the silent auction!



And Britton was a princess. Anytime Dora goes on some magical fairy tale adventure, Britton immediately wants to put on her princess dress. And wear it to the park, where all of our neighbors get such a kick out of seeing Cinderella walking down the street. I can't blame them, she is absolutely adorable in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment