Wednesday, March 7, 2012

our week

This week has flown by in a blur. Here is what we've been doing/are doing/will be doing.

A sneak peek at the quilting project using up all my free time and winter white thread but not nearly enough of my scraps...



Summer clothes shopping already? Here in Texas, yes. Because frankly, we never got winter and we're two weeks from summer.



Sewing project waiting on a fabric delivery...



This dog horrified me this week in ways I can't describe in mixed company. Everything culminated in me crying hysterically on the phone with Josh, then calling the vet for an emergency appointment. If you're not familiar with tapeworms, don't look it up. You've been warned.



But before all the horrendous tapeworm action came frolicking in the backyard. In backup clothes no less because Britton sometime forgets she has to pee...





And the cause of my sore back? Our new flower bed out back. Bags of mulch, a tree for out front, edging, weed killer - these are what I treat myself to! It turned out beautiful. Lantana for color, boulders just because I wanted them, jasmine to hopefully climb the windmill.





Boomer is staying with us this week. Since this morning she's been hiding in her crate and I don't know why. Unless my feet really smell as badly as I suspect.



Trying on Daddy's shoes...



I mailed our check to the IRS today, giving them even more of my hard-earned money. We haven't received a refund in years, so I just listen jealously while my sister tells me how much she's getting back. At least this year we owed less than last year. To make myself feel better for writing such a large check, I treated myself to some stamps. I asked the post office lady, "Just give me something pretty."



Even better? I dropped my phone in a glass of water yesterday. I thought I caught it before permanent damage set in, but nope. The phone refused to turn off and kept beeping all night, so the hub put it in the garage! The guy at the phone store asked if I dropped it in the toilet, and seemed disappointed when I said no. Just using the hub's old phone (which is actually newer than my old phone) and added a new pink and white case.

No comments:

Post a Comment