Thursday, March 15, 2012

sew adorable

I saw this fabric briefly online, and thought nothing of it since it's a panel and what can I do with a panel? I even saw it in the quilt shop in Oklahoma City, and didn't buy any since I still didn't have a project in mind. Well, I finally saw a little girl's dress made in it, and I wanted one badly! But two months is a long time, and by then the fabric was backordered until May. Lesson learned - if you're drawn to a fabric, for any reason, go ahead and buy it!

Well, I did find a yard on Etsy, so I grabbed it and a coordinating pink flowered for some shorts. When they arrived, the pink flowered was now white flowered, and wouldn't look good with the white background of the shirt. I contacted the store and they apologized - the wrong photo had been used in the shop to represent the fabric. So I was free to keep it, and get another fabric of my choice. I went with pink pinwheels, from the same line (Sarah Jane Studios "Children at Play"), but didn't end up making shorts because it felt too busy.

And when I needed a break from work yesterday, I went at this shirt with gusto! Twenty minutes later, the shirt was finished!

Here's the front (or the back, since there really isn't a front or back in the design of the shirt, but because of that wayward purple balloon I think of this as the front):



And the back (or the front):



The parade, oh how I love the parade.



I have an entire yard of the parade left (it's printed on both sides of the yardage), so I'm thinking of pairing it up with these pinwheels and the wrong-fabric-sent white background flowers, for the cutest dang baby girl quilt this side of the Rio Grande!



Britton spotted the shirt immediately, hanging off the kitchen chair where I left it after the glamour shots. We were having pizza for dinner, so I persuaded her to take it off before eating!



And, totally off the subject but I just need to share - add 1/2 a package of cream cheese to your spaghetti sauce next time you make a big batch of it. Seriously. Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. oh that shirt is SO cute and you are right I would NOT have let her eat in that!

    ReplyDelete