Thursday, January 28, 2010

winnie

Britton has a snuggly/lovey/blankie we call "Winnie" because we're so creative like that. She loves this thing. It is essentially a Winnie the Pooh head sewn onto a little blanket. She gnaws on it constantly (thanks teething!), and starts every morning with it. The daycare even gives it to her to snuggle with during naps. When I dropped Britton off at daycare on Wednesday morning, Ms. E suggested we get a second Winnie so that we didn't have to cart it back and forth. I responded that I don't think Britton has ever been taken anywhere that we didn't bring Winnie, so we'd still be bringing it back and forth.

But it got me thinking. What if, God forbid, we should lose Winnie? Or Sadie goes crazy and rips the thing's head off? Or Britton drops it in a store and I don't notice? So, I decided to check Target for another. Wouldn't you know it, Target has discontinued its Classic Pooh collection which means no more Winnie. Perhaps there's one in the bottom of a clearance bin at a Super Target in Des Moines, but there isn't one in the greater Oklahoma City/Edmond metropolitan area. So I hunted on the internet, and found one on Amazon, offered by Target. I didn't even have to go ghetto and get one "used" (by the way, how gross is that?! You know some kid has slobbered all over it, but momma needs drinking money so she's hocking her kid's toy on Amazon for $8 and overpriced shipping). It is the exact same one, except for one tiny change. This new one has a curly fuzzy Pooh head while Britton's has a smooth Pooh head. I'm hoping she'll just think I washed it. So now our bases are covered, just in case. And I'm quickly learning that a lot of the stuff you buy for babies is "just in case."

Some pictures of Britton with her can't-live-without-it Winnie...




No comments:

Post a Comment