Tuesday, January 12, 2010

more firsts

Sweet little lamb hat to cover those blasted ears...


Well, we were greeted this week by Britton's first ear infection. Actually, that should be plural, since both ears are infected. She's been snotty since the middle of last week, but that's to be expected since she started daycare. I had the hub take her to the doctor just to make sure her ears were ok. She never ran a fever, lost her appetite, or had trouble sleeping, but I knew with my shoddy ear health history that Britton was looking at early ear infections. The doctor did say he'd never seen such a happy baby with ear infections, so that warmed my heart. And she's now 17 pounds, 3 ounces, up 2 pounds from her 4 month appointment. She has her 6 month appointment on February 4th, where we'll re-evaluate her ears and get those dreaded shots.

Also with the firsts - first peas! Britton now likes her oatmeal cereal. She couldn't get enough of it tonight. So I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and try my hand at veggies. She was a little apprehensive at first, but hunger took over and she gobbled them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment