Sunday, January 24, 2010

where's my car? oh, it's out back

As you know, my Camry was recalled because the accelerator has a nasty little habit of sticking and sending people's vehicles out of control. I couldn't very well wait around for them to authorize repairs, and I couldn't trust my Camry any longer. Even if it was repaired, I would still wonder how safe it really was. So we decided that even though I was upside-down on the Camry (they are priced $4000 cheaper now than when I bought it), it was a debt we were willing to pay for our safety. I went out to Subaru Saturday morning and test-drove the Outback and the Forrester. I loved the Outback and was happy to see they had one in black. I've always wanted a black car, even if it will look dirty every day from here on out. By the way, if you run into me around town, just for the fun of it, remind me how much it takes to keep a black car clean. It's never gets old! Anywho...

The hub checked out a 4Runner for me Friday night and I test-drove it Saturday afternoon. Loved the 4Runner, not so loving the attitude problem on the salespeople. I got the "tough sell" because I wanted to think about it. Because I wanted to spend a little bit of time contemplating spending a large sum of money on something I would be paying on for 72 months. Let's just say I wasn't the one being unreasonable. But I'm so excited I got the Outback because it's fun and sporty and rides well and looks great.




And, because 12 hours of car shopping wasn't enough, the hub and I hit the mall today. At Babies 'R Us, I got this toy for Britton. Its name is "Kerry the Fairy" and she has red hair! It was meant to be...


We found this cute onesie at Baby Gap and loved it...


And because the hub can't get enough of skulls (damn you Blackbeard special on Discovery channel!) or baby socks, he cleaned Baby Gap out of both...

No comments:

Post a Comment