Thursday, January 28, 2010

the ice storm cometh

Well, we're braving another winter storm, though this one is more ice than snow. The hub and I went out Tuesday and Wednesday nights to stock up on supplies, just in case we were left without electricity for a long stretch of time. For some perspective, the major storm of 2007 left some people without power for weeks. This morning our daycare made the decision to close, which left me at home with Britton while the hub went to work. Our work decided to close at 10:30 a.m., and not re-open until Monday, thus saving me vacation days I don't yet have. We bunkered down, made chicken pot pie, and napped all afternoon. This evening the hub took my new Outback out to test it on the icy roads - it handled as if the ice wasn't even there.

Ice, ice everywhere...



I'm predicting that by tomorrow afternoon, the cabin fever will start hitting us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment