Tuesday, January 5, 2010

it's off to work i went

So, I made it through two days of work, and more importantly, two days of daycare. Work is good, even though we're just getting trained this week so I don't really have a full understanding of what I'll be doing. The people I work with are friendly, and I fit in there. Daycare on the other hand...

Britton on her first day (so sleepy)...


Me on Britton's first day (well, not really me)...



Fun and cheerful and ADD-inducing...


Yes, I was the one crying, losing it whenever I thought of her, draining my cell phone battery to watch the video camera feed from her daycare room, and calling them every couple of hours to make sure she was doing well. And you know what? She did great. They told me she was a happy and content baby, too distracted by the other babies and noises to eat much, but having fun. Talking to Jessica I know she'll eat more when her surroundings aren't so distracting anymore, and she slept better today for naps because they moved her to a crib out of the way. The hub and I switched jobs - I drop her off in the morning and he picks her up. It helps Britton because I get to do her morning routine, which she's used to, and I get time to snuggle and kiss her before leaving for work. I won't pretend it's easy. This transition is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But I've tried to stay positive because I know it will affect Britton.

So, on that note, check out this beautiful Oklahoma sunset the hub captured...



No comments:

Post a Comment