Sunday, January 31, 2010

wedding day



Today my sister Jessica is getting married. She, along with some family members, are on a cruise in the Bahamas, where they are not dealing with the snow we all are experiencing. For those under feet of ice and snow (Tidewater area included!), here is what the Bahamas look like:



Yeah, I know. Ahhhhhhh....... Starting my new job, I wasn't able to take time off yet. Which turned out to be okay, since our airport was shut down by the ice storm, and even if I had planned on going, I wouldn't have made it out of Oklahoma City.

But I do so wish I could be there, to help Jessica get ready, to be giggly together, to stand by my sister's side as she embarks on this new journey. A wedding is always a joyous occasion, and I love weddings, especially when I love the people getting married. There is so much excitement, so much hope, so much love that even the worst cynic has to take a breather. Weddings, like births, are a beginning.

So this afternoon Jessica will be Mrs. Drinks. Congrats to Jessica and Tim, and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear how everything went!

No comments:

Post a Comment