Friday, June 5, 2009

the belly pictures

I have been taking pictures of my belly since week 12 of pregnancy. Now, granted, if you get inclined to scroll down to 12 weeks, there isn't much to see. It looks more like usual chub than pregnancy! And we didn't tell friends/co-workers (who saw me every day) until I was 14 weeks, so it wasn't like I was hiding a watermelon. But since then I have taken multiple pictures to document the belly. And I was browsing the web and came upon belly portraits.

The hub and I never got engagement photos taken. We specifically had our wedding photographed in a journalistic style, with few posed pictures. Suffice it to say, I'm not lining up at Glamour Shots on a weekly basis. And I love the idea of taking pictures of the belly - I just don't want to do it with someone I don't know, charging me per hour and per photo. So what did I do? Digital camera + self-timer + stolen ideas from said internet. Enjoy!

I totally stole this one from Rachel over at lilpattisons.blogspot.com.


I like that this one is off-center.

And since I have retouch on iPhoto, I don't have to remember the stretch marks! Sneaky...

Here's some more...



The last one took at least 43 tries to get right. Let's just say there are quite a few revealing photos in the computer's trash, and it took a while to adjust the sonogram picture to cover certain upper chest region body parts.

2 comments:

  1. girl please... i've stolen that shot from 4,579,348,751,934 other people. i'm not a fan of posed pix either. i'd rather own a good camera and take reese outside and do them myself... and self timer is a god send. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbors got quite the show this morning with me parading around topless! I figure it's just practice for when the kid comes and I fall asleep on the couch with my boobs out. :)

    ReplyDelete