Monday, June 22, 2009

the 8th month


Today I am 32 weeks along, also known as the eighth month. Whew! I am not ready to be eight months along, mainly because I am not ready to have this baby outside of my body. Call me selfish, but I have not really yet accepted all that will be required of me after she is born.

I went to the doctor's today and we went over the ultrasound results. Dr. Doeden is not really concerned that the head is measuring three weeks ahead of the baby because the baby's body is measuring only 32 weeks. Apparently, as long as the head is bigger than the body, I'm in good shape. My belly is measuring at 34 weeks. The doctor is happy with my blood sugar levels, but I still have to see the dietician one more time to tweak my 3:00 a.m. snack. See, I was testing high on my ketones in the morning, so I have to get up every night at 3:00 a.m. to get a snack. Well, it has helped my ketone levels, but now my morning fasting numbers are high. I can't win!

The doctor cleared me for take-off tomorrow morning, so I will be heading out until Saturday to go visit my mom and sister. I am finishing up the packing, but I have to wait for the hub to get home from work to retrieve the suitcase from the attic. My flight times coincide with snack and meal times tomorrow, so I'm going to have to buy food in the terminal to take on the plane with me. And at least one leg of the trip I am scheduled to be in the middle seat - ugh. Maybe someone will be kind enough to give me the aisle seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment