Monday, June 15, 2009

the 31st week



This week the baby weighs 3.3 pounds and measures approximately 17 inches long. She has been moving a lot more lately, especially in the early morning (around 6:00 a.m.), which sometimes wakes me up. I think she may be running low on space because her arms/elbows/feet/whatever is hitting me tends to hold the punch longer. I have no idea if she is breach or not, though the doctor isn't worried if she is because there is time for her to turn.

We have our 3D ultrasound on Wednesday! I haven't had one yet, and haven't even had an ultrasound since the 21st week, so I'm pretty excited. This ultrasound is a little more nerve-wracking in that I will hopefully be able to see her face, and I'm just hoping that everything is there and in the place it should be. The ultrasound folks called today to verify the appointment and reminded me to arrive with a full bladder. I cannot arrive anywhere without a full bladder. I seek out a bathroom in every store I go to, and I am the reason our household is going through toilet paper like it's going out of style.

I also have an appointment on Thursday with the dietician, and she is going to review my food journal and blood sugar levels. Overall I have been below the maximum, but I am still learning what sets off my blood sugar. For instance, I can have bread in the morning, but no milk. I do have milk at lunch and dinner, but bread at lunch and dinner raise my blood sugar. And tonight I found out that a carb-balance tortilla at dinner has the same effect as bread. I can have fruit for my morning snack, but no other time in the day. I can definitely see myself eating basically the same food every day because once I learn what works, I stick with it.

Josh's parents are coming into town on Wednesday, just in time to join us for the ultrasound. I will post pictures as soon as they are scanned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment