Monday, June 8, 2009

the 30th week



I am officially 30 weeks today. Whew! I think I have done the most growing between 26 weeks and 30 weeks. The hub and I went to a wedding this weekend, and as I got up from the table I ran into his head with my belly! I also ran into his aunt with my belly, but she didn't mind. The belly has taken on a life of its own, and makes me somewhat off-balance. I also have marked fatigue, much worse than anything I've had all pregnancy. I sleep a good 9-10 hours per night, and this weekend I had not one but two naps.

Also, I have become more "achy." I still have the ligament pain, especially if I have been walking a lot, but the arches of my feet are getting in on the pain too, and I am now stuck only wearing my sneakers. I also have this vague pain in my pelvis, almost like the baby is kicking my cervix. Heck, she might be!

Another side effect from this advanced stage? I am grumpier than usual, and I don't want it pointed out to me. At the grocery store today, the cashier told me I had to go to customer service to get stamps, not the register. I pointed out that I would then have to use my debit card TWICE and he offered that he could void my purchases so I could purchase everything at once. I told him not to bother and that I'd get stuck running my card TWICE and how come every other grocery store lets you buy stamps at the register and didn't he see that being 7 and a half months pregnant I certainly didn't want to waddle all over the store so I could buy some stupid over-priced stamps?! He just looked at me, so I bought the stupid stamps and lurked out of the store.

Drawing of baby at 30 weeks...

According to the baby books, the baby is now getting wrinkles on her brain and opening her eyes. Her fingernails and toenails have grown in, and she is starting to lose the lanugo (fine hair all over the body) because she is putting on some fat. It's been suggested that I start playing some music for her, as babies who are exposed to certain music repeatedly will relate to that music once outside the womb and calm down easier when hearing it. I figure it's worth a try, and I think we've decided on Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Winter? or Spring?). The hub pointed out that it should be something we want to hear a lot, so I'm back to suggesting Alison Krauss.

No comments:

Post a Comment