Monday, January 26, 2015

PIA auction: 2 quilts + 1 bag

Every year, I try to make some charity quilts.  Normally, these go to the PIA Auction at my law school.  Read about it here.  I started early this year, knowing that I wanted to do two baby quilts again, and also a Vera Bradley-style bag.  Isn't this perfect for tailgating?


The WVU fabric is a bandana print, and the yellow and white polka dot is left over from Caroline's skirt, which we made when she visited last year.  I added white ric rac to hide the seam where the two fabrics meet, and a yellow and white polka dot button.


If you take out the cardboard bottom, the entire bag is washable!


I also completely copied made this baby quilt.  See the inspiration here.  I used all scraps, except for the dresden plate middle.  That circle came from a fabric that the hubs helped me pick out, and the circle on the fabric was the perfect size for the dresden middle.



I straightline stitched in the ditch for the triangles, and free motion quilted the white square in a loopy style.  I left the dresden plate unstitched.


Last, but not least, is the ABC I-Spy Quilt.  If it looks familiar, it's because I made the exact same one for Barrett for his first birthday.  When I was making his quilt, I knew I wanted to make one for the auction too.  So when I was cutting out the squares, I just cut out two sets.  Putting this quilt together was so fast because the cutting was already complete!  The background is Kona Pewter and the binding is Kona Lagoon.  



All three are on their way to the law school, ready for the auction in March.  I hope they make their new owners very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment