Tuesday, February 25, 2014

PIA auction quilts

I made a decision last year to put my quilting to good use and make at least two quilts a year for donation.  One group I support is Public Interest Advocates (PIA) from the WVU College of Law.  You can read more about them and the quilt I made last year here.  For their auction this year, I decided that instead of another WVU quilt, I'd make two baby quilts.  What better than pinks/reds and blues/greens?

I stuck with my trusty five inch patchwork, full of scraps, left over charm squares, and hoarded fabric I couldn't bear to cut into before but needed for these quilts.  

Ladies first...



Fleece star backing.  Snuggly.

And for the boys...

Little kids jumping in puddles, my favorite blue crabs, polka dots, pearl bracelets...


Both were stitched 1/4 inch on either side of the seams, and you can see the quilting well on the boy quilt.


Britton saw these quilts freshly washed, folded, and waiting on a chair to be packaged up for the mail.  And she wanted to get into them badly!  So I got her to hold them for me while I took the pictures.  My favorite quilt holder!

No comments:

Post a Comment