Friday, January 2, 2015

65 months old


Oh, the life!  Being 5 1/2 years old must be awesome (I can't remember that far back for myself) because Britton is just excited about life all the time!  I reminded her tonight that we were going to Home Depot in the morning for their kid craft group, and she was so excited.  I picked her up early today to go to the library and she was so ecstatic that she jumped up and ran to me.  I love this.  As much as Britton as a baby taught me patience, and Britton as a toddler reminded me to slow down, and Britton as a three-year-old prepared me for a zombie attack, Britton at this age encourages me to be excited about life.  


Britton and I are going ice skating with a friend from her school next weekend, and she can't wait.  Britton is convinced that she knows how to ice skate because she watched an episode of "Max and Ruby" where Ruby taught Max to ice skate.  Ummmm.....not sure that counts, but I'm all for her going into it with confidence.  Me, on the other hand, I totally predict I'll be clinging to the side of the rink.  Glass half empty, I am!


Britton is doing great in school, reading on her own for Stage 1 books.  And we're working on some simple math problems too.  I don't think I learned "greater than" and "less than" in kindergarten, but I suppose you've got to learn it sometime!  She's very much into animals right now, and loves the "Wild Kratts" television show on PBS.


Likes:  helping with Barrett, going on errands with me, having a loose tooth, Wild Kratts television show, dressing up her American Girl dolls

Dislikes:  apples (hurts her loose tooth)

No comments:

Post a Comment