Saturday, January 17, 2015

it's cookie time


It's cookie selling season for Girl Scouts, and Britton and I are ready!  I took the order form to work on Friday and made some great sales.  But I thought it was important that Britton should have to sell the cookies too.  And what better way then hitting up the neighbors?

Britton was nervous.  She's naturally shy, so we did some role playing before we left the house.  When we got to the first house I think she was relieved no one was home!  But as we made our way from house to house, and Britton saw me talking to our neighbors, she started to relax as well.  And tonight when I asked her what the best part of her day was, she said, "Selling cookies with you."

I love that she's getting outside of her comfort zone, and doing things she doesn't normally get to do.  I knew she'd have fun in Girl Scouts, but I had no idea how many opportunities it would afford Britton to do new things.  Hand me the Somoas and call me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment