Friday, January 23, 2015

'round these parts

We've now entered that part of winter where the snow just sticks around.  There's no warm days to melt it away into a muddy mess - nope, this stuff is here to stay for the next couple of months.  And with the cold temperature dips, we've sometimes had to observe the snow from the warmth of the family room.  Without pants, but with one of my snow boots, of course!


In an effort to wear out the kids get the kids some exercise, we blast the Laurie Berkner Band and have a dance party!  Am I the only one who leaves the CD playing, even when I'm the only one in the car?  Leis are optional, of course, but completely encouraged.  Don't let Sadie's presence fool you - she wants nothing to do with the noise and jubilation!  


Dance til you drop!


And Britton I will attempt some new recipes.  The moment I saw the cover of my new Southern Living, my mouth started watering for that bundt cake.  And I'm not even a big chocolate person.  But heck, I own a bundt pan that never gets used, and I had most of the ingredients, and luckily the hubs was headed to the grocery store and could buy the rest.


Britton loves helping with baking.  She wants to measure everything out, and add it to the mixer.  I give tidbits while we're baking, and hopefully one day it will stick with her.  She was in charge of the glazes, and oh so proud of her work!


Being indoors so much has forced these two to find common play opportunities (dance parties included).  Barrett is in love with Britton, and wants to do everything she is doing.  Barrett's main cause of frustration in life is not being able to do what Britton can.  Lucky for us, Britton likes to include Barrett, and is very patient with him.  


The nap mats and sleeping bags get pulled out for lounging.  How else can we watch 300 episodes of "Wild Kratts"?   Lounging leads to wrestling, which leads to everyone getting tired and going to bed without complaints, and that makes mommy and daddy quite happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment