Saturday, December 27, 2014

christmas sewing

I had two sewing projects in mind for gifts this year.  First up, Jessica and I had agreed to exchange a handmade gift this year, and focus resources on the kids instead.  Jessica gave me a beautiful basket of soaps, lip balm, and crocheted washcloths (made by Jessica).  I made Jessica and her family a Christmas quilt!

Somehow I was under the impression I had already photographed her quilt, but no!  Nope!  In my old age my mind isn't as sharp.  So here it is - isosceles triangles, red border, and striped binding.  It turned out so snuggly and warm!


When I spied this pillow online I knew I would make it for Caroline.  It just looked like something she would love.  The clouds and raindrops are felt, and the binding is a blue and white stripe.


It's hard to tell, but I used blue metallic thread for the "rain" and cloud outlines.  


No comments:

Post a Comment