Monday, February 17, 2014

another snowed-in weekend


Are you sick of snow yet?  I haven't seen the grass in over a month.  And since it hasn't been above freezing, temperature-wise, since at least Christmas, the snow never melts.  As I write this, we are getting 3-6 more inches on top of the more than a foot on the ground.  I know, I know.  Remind me about this whining rant in August when I'm on a tirade about the sweltering heat.  Britton informed me this morning that she is not sick of the snow because, in her words, "the snow is pretty."  I cannot say that I feel the same anymore.

So, this weekend, we celebrated Memaw's birthday with a visit from Memaw and PawPaw and a "Memaw's favorites" meal of lemon garlic roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, linguine, salad, and lemon cake.  Memaw took Britton out sledding during Barrett's nap, and Britton loved it!  Saturday afternoon was the first time we could go outside, because it was sunny, not freezing cold, and the snow had stopped.



The hubs and PawPaw went to pick up the hubs' new RZR.  I don't know who's more excited - the hubs or Britton?  It looks like a fancy golf cart with big tires to me, but the hubs assures me it's so much more than that.  



This weekend was a three day weekend for us.  Nope, I didn't get Presidents Day off of work, but our daycare did close for the day for "in-service teacher training."  That sound you heard was my mother and sister (both teachers) coughing loudly and uttering a word into their fists.  But I digress…So no daycare, no work.  A dentist appointment this morning for Britton (everything looks great) and a lot of hanging out.


And cherry red nails with glitter!  


As the day wore on, Britton lost most of her clothes, until finally I found her in the bathroom, putting three of my Valentine's Day tulips in her hair.  


It was a great weekend, celebrating Memaw's birthday and being together, but please Snow Gods, I need out of this house tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment