Monday, February 10, 2014

class valentine cards

My Valentine's Day cards for the kids' classes was inspired by the Tootsie Roll lollipop.  I was in Wal-Mart, looking for those boxes of Valentine cards with lollipops or stickers or whathaveyou, and I couldn't find them anywhere.  I checked the Valentine aisle, then school supplies, even greeting cards, and they just weren't there.  So I grabbed some Tootsie Roll pops, knowing Britton could bring them to school (being peanut-free and all).

And I remembered a 3-D Valentine card I'd seen on the internet and decided a google search was in order.  There it was - adorable photo, plus construction paper background, plus lollipop, plus exacto-knife precision.  I added a foam sticker heart with the recipient's name, and a little message along the bottom.

And because I couldn't pick just one picture of Britton, I picked my three favorites:







Barrett didn't want to be left out!  Since the babies in his room aren't into candy (or even solid food) yet, I made his cards for his teachers:

                                         

Admittedly, I did end up finding those regular Valentine's Day cards, while I was waiting at the CVS for my pictures to be developed.  But in the end, I'm glad I didn't bail on these because they weren't that much work, and they ended up more adorable than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment