Thursday, April 25, 2013

the one where I show my belly (and giant underwear)


I don't normally take my own picture in the mirror, probably because I find it so annoying to see the camera phone in the shot!  But my belly was feeling so big last night that I had to take a picture to send to my sister.  And, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not wearing pants because lately the first thing I do when I get home from work is to get out of my pants.  Even maternity pants feel too confining.

So, I send the picture to Jessica, who promptly responds that I am huge.  And she's right.  I guess I'm not as big as I was with Britton, because I've gotten no new stretch marks (or maybe just as big, but not bigger), but I feel huge.  And I have been ignoring contractions all week, and a baby's head sitting on my cervix, and I know the end of what is my last pregnancy is coming soon.  I keep telling people that he's easier inside than he will be outside, and that's true - second-time-around moms are privy to that kind of rational thinking!  But I almost feel surprised that I'm due any minute now, like I just happened to look in the mirror in passing and said to myself, "Hmmm,  that's a big belly. I should do something about that."

I haven't packed a bag for the hospital. Yet.  I haven't had my cervix checked for dialation this week.  Yet.  I haven't had consistent contractions.  Yet.  I haven't gone into labor.  Yet.

But it's coming, man is it coming.  And we are so not ready!  Though, really, we are.  I mean, we have a crib, we have diapers, we have baby clothes.  But we also have long memories, and the hubs and I fully remember how hard those first couple of months are.  So we ignore our memories and try and borrow some of Britton's unbridled enthusiasm about becoming a big sister, because it's easier and feels better and makes us smile. 

If I don't make it to Saturday, consider this my 37 weeks, 5 days picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment