Sunday, April 7, 2013

nesting like it's going out of style

Memaw and PawPaw wanted Britton to visit for a couple of days. And I had Friday off of work.  Combine those two things, and I was primed to start nesting!  Clutching my "to-do" list in one hand and a ridiculous amount of crafting supplies in the other, I set to work after my doctor's appointment on Friday morning.

First up - Britton wants a canopy for her bed.  But she has a ceiling fan dead smack in the middle of her room, so no full-bed canopy would work.  As luck would have it, when we were at IKEA we ran into this netting canopy.  


Add in some tulle, artificial flowers, a garland of crystals, a purple bird, and some pink butterflies.  If I thought a princess would like it, I threw it into my cart at Michael's.  And I ended up with...





Britton saw it today and LOVED it!  "My princess canopy!" she exclaimed.  I had a canopy bed as a kid - I get it.  And tonight, when she snuggled into her blankets, she looked up at me and whispered, "I won't try and take down my canopy Mommy.  I won't try to get the bird."  The whole thing is pretty precarious, since we haven't put in the toggle hook yet, so I hope she keeps her word!


Then the hub and I moved on to the basement.  We had all these pictures that used to hang in the game room in Texas, and since moving here they've been piled up in the corner.  I wanted to do a red accent wall, but the hubs thought it would be too much.  So we went with Valspar's "Shark Fin," a grey with blue undertones.  The first piece to go up was the banjo, then I arranged the pictures around it.  


My signed VT 1999 Sports Illustrated, the hubs' signed Dita Von Teese and Dr. Ralph Stanley photos (really, those two names would never normally end up in the same sentence), and various sports pictures.  I also included Britton's fingerpainting and an article from Life Magazine about the Hunts of Dallas.


I also updated my quilt scrapbook, the baby/pregnancy scrapbook, the baby book (all preliminary info), and my videos.  Sadie threw up on our bed, so I then had a great excuse to wash all the bedding.  And the hubs and I treated ourselves to a new steam cleaner, so of course my obsession became steam cleaning upstairs and the staircase.  If this baby doesn't come within the month, I may just start renovating the master bathroom myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment