Friday, April 19, 2013

portraits of an only child

 The other day I decided to put my camera on manual, even though I had no idea how to set anything.  If there's an area of my life where I am most technologically deficient, it is in knowing how to operate my expensive camera.  It's intimidating, and it makes total sense to me why people use their phones to take pictures - it's easy, editing is a breeze, the pictures look professional.  Actually, so much of my life is technologically deficient, you'd think I'd finally learn not only how to operate a camera, but also how to download from my video camera, use the new iMovie, back up a cell phone, stop all of Josh's songs from downloading onto my phone, turn on the Playstation, but no.  I only have so much room in my head and most days it gets pretty full.

So, instead of reading the manual or watching a You Tube tutorial, I just played with the settings and found my favorite subject, who didn't mind me taking 500 pictures to get 4 good ones.  Here is my only child, for the next couple of....days?  Weeks?





No comments:

Post a Comment