Wednesday, April 10, 2013

miniature golfer

 On Sunday morning, the hubs went to pick up Britton from Memaw and PawPaw's house.  I chose not to sit in the car for four hours (round trip) with my already-swollen legs.  When they got home, Britton was already asking if we could go to the "new park."  The "new park" is this miniature golf/5-ride amusement park/batting cage/arcade/go-kart place we pass every day.  The hubs was trimming tree branches, and I could tell the last thing he wanted to do was get back into the car.  But I was feeling guilty for not going to pick her up and worried that it could be our last outing as a family of three, so I agreed we could.  Then I guilted the hubs into going with us!

Let me tell you, this place was sensory overload.  Even Britton covered her ears and said it was too loud.  There were four birthday parties going on and an endless sea of tired parents and sugar-hyped kids.  We went out to the amusement park section (ok, fine, "amusement park" is a bit of a stretch).  There were maybe four rides and a rock wall, and of course I can't do anything being 35 weeks pregnant.  Then we notice that a coupe of rides are roped off because they don't work.  Feeling like putting Britton on any of the rides is a personal injury suit waiting to happen, we herd her over to the miniature golf.


She spied a woman with a pink ball and said, "Maybe next time I can get a pink ball."  Because of course they didn't have one up front.  And the lady heard her and offered to trade balls!  Sometimes the kindness of strangers just amazes me.  The hubs attempted to show Britton correct form, but that derailed into "I can do it myself!" and we just let it go.  She did make a hole in one!  Though most of the time she just hit the ball until she got tired of it, then picked up the ball and put it into the hole.  It was a good game plan on her part, so that way she didn't get frustrated and I didn't get tired standing around.   And she was having a good time, which is really the point of the whole thing.


I think we're going to be regular visitors here over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment