Saturday, April 27, 2013

baby deuce: 38 weeks


I woke up last night with vomit rising in my throat.  I can't lie - the heartburn is getting worse.  And last night, even after chewing Tums like it was my job, I was forced to sit up to sleep.  From 4:00 am on, I didn't get much sleep.  Then today I stopped having Braxton Hicks contractions altogether (even though I normally have them all day long) and the baby wasn't moving much.  I called Jessica and did a kick count, and at the same time his movement came back so did the Braxton Hicks contractions!  I think I'm just less aware of it all when I'm not sitting at my desk all day.

Speaking of which, yes, I'm still at work.  I'm not wasting vacation days on sitting at home!   But it's getting harder every day.  I have this unbelievable weight on my cervix that makes it difficult to stand, let alone walk to the bathroom every other minute.  And I never got this far with Britton (I was 37 weeks, 5 days when I had her) so I'm moving into unchartered territory.  I'm 1 centimeter dilated still, 50% effaced, and at a negative 2 station.  I thought for sure the full moon last night would start up labor, but no.

Funny cravings this week - Pringles!  The hubs and I are in love with Pringles.  They really are an underrated chip, and every new flavor we try we love.  I've also been eating a lot of watermelon and chugging milk.  At this very moment, the hubs is out getting me some mozzarella cheese sticks!  I'm starting to get really tired of the gestational diabetes diet, but I stick with it since I have so little time left.

I have an ultrasound on Tuesday, along with my normal non-stress test and doctor's appointment.  The doctors have already said that they are inducing me at 39 weeks, and so I'm left just hoping that the baby hasn't gotten too big and will also decide on his own to be born.  Preferably sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment