Saturday, March 2, 2013

43 months old


Maybe it's the pregnancy, or how life ends up working out, but I have been plagued with pangs of nostalgia when it comes to Britton.  I remember so clearly how she was as a baby, and how far she has come, and the whole thing makes me so unbelievably sad because I know that some days I wished away her babyhood so she'd be easier, bigger, less work, less baby.  And now that day is here, no baby in sight, and it makes me fearful that if almost 4 years can fly by, then another 4 years can fly by just as fast.  

As you can see from her pictures, she is still doing dance classes.  She's not as interested in tap as she is in ballet and tumbling, so I have to work on motivating her to want to stay in class.  After dance class, without fail, we go to the library for new books for the week.  Over the last couple of weeks, Britton has decided she wants to accompany us to the grocery store, so instead of the hubs or me running out on Friday night, we all go on Saturday afternoons.  It takes up a couple of hours total, and ensures Britton gets out of the house in the afternoon (the snow and cold has really limited our desire to get out lately).  She likes tracking down fruit and cereal and veggies, and riding on the cart.  

This girl is TALL!
 I went in to pick up Britton from school this week, and she was playing with Wedg-Its.  I'd never seen them before, but she LOVES them, so we ordered a set for us to play at home.  Britton has really gotten into building things, drawing and doing alphabet letters on her chalkboard (and erasing with her old school eraser I found), and role playing games. She grabs her dolls, or her stuffed animals, and requests that either the hubs or I "talk" that character.

Knock on wood, but the sleeping situation is much improved.  Britton just needed firm boundaries and a  routine nighttime structure to get her back to staying in bed.  She's still waking up earlier on the weekends than I would like, but I'll take her staying in bed all night over her sleeping in!

Likes:  yogurt (makes breakfast so much easier!), Legos, helping me cook, going to breakfast with the hubs, dancing

Dislikes:  not being included, when it doesn't snow enough to sled

No comments:

Post a Comment