Sunday, March 10, 2013

baby shower for baby deuce


I ran out of work at 10:30 am last Thursday, ready to get on the road to go visit Jessica!  I wasn't bringing Britton with me, since I was going to do a presentation at Jessica's school and there would be no one to watch her, so I didn't want to rub it in her face I was going to visit family, a trip she surely would have wanted to go on.  I may have told a small white lie that I was going to "do a presentation" (true) for work (not true) and offered no other details.  




On Friday morning Jessica woke me up at an ungodly 6:00 am to get ready for school.  One of her civics teachers had asked if I would ever do a presentation on the law for his class.  I said sure, and that morphed into me presenting to all three civics classes for five class periods.  I somewhat entertained the kids with my public defender stories and threats of juvenile court, and only had a handful fall asleep during each presentation.  I'm counting that as a success!  Unfortunately, though, I am not used to talking so much (surprise, I know) and I wound up with a sore throat and drainage.

On Saturday Jessica hosted my shower!   Cammy entertained Jason while Jessica and I decorated. And Caroline and Garrett even helped with food prep.




Sugar Plum Bakery - I love this cake!


In the nick of time, we got the house clean and decorated and ready to go.  Jessica picked up some great decorations - she had previously asked if I needed it to be "baby" themed, and I said no.  I don't really care if the shower is covered in ducks or alphabet blocks or the like.  So Jessica ran with this beautiful modern color scheme, and the decorations and table and accessories all came together well!

My aunt Jill, my cousins Stephanie and Kristen, Stephanie's daughter, my brother-in-law's mom and sister, Jessica's good friend Melissa and her new baby, and our longtime friend Jen and her son all came over to celebrate, and we had a great low-key fun time together.  Everyone grabbed some grub, hung out and caught up, cooed over babies, watched not-babies-anymore play outside, and of course we opened presents!

A canopy cover from Jen proves that new items have been invented since I last had a baby!

Jessica got me this awesome print for the baby's room!  It was the hub's and my favorite gift!

If my son is half as chill as Jason, I will consider myself LUCKY!









I got some great baby clothes, toys, an activity chair/bouncer, bottles, bathing kit, and other fun baby things.  And Jessica and my mom got me a gift card so we can go get a rocker glider and ottoman for the baby's room!  We're so close to having everything we need, minus the baby.  And definitive baby name.

I drove back today, cursing the daylight savings time for costing me an hour of my time today.  I got home in time to enjoy a beautiful 70 degree day with Britton and the hubs, watching Britton riding her bike and pushing her on the swing and the hubs making burgers on the grill.  Add to it that Britton wrote "Mommy" for the first time (hard to tell, but it's there) and my day was perfect.


Thank you again to my awesome sister Jessica for a fantabulous visit and baby shower!  I needed this weekend of laughter and fun, and I had a great time doing it.  See ya'll when Mr. Deuce makes his appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment