Sunday, March 3, 2013

baby deuce: 30 weeks

I am now 30 weeks along!  It hasn't felt like 30 weeks.  So much of this pregnancy has been different than mine with Britton - this time I had morning sickness every day of my first trimester and with Britton almost no morning sickness, this time my heartburn has been out of control, this time I've had less sleep disruptions.  But because it's my second time, the hubs and I have had a been-there-done-that attitude, and while I thought it would be helpful to know what was happening, it's also had another effect.  

While at my last doctor's appointment, it hit me like a ton of bricks that this was my last pregnancy.  Ever.  Never again will I feel the kicks inside, or throw up for no reason, or have a sinus headache every Monday like clockwork, or wear really comfy maternity clothes, or go through this entire experience ever again.  Yes, I've been through it all before, but that know-it-all attitude has also left me largely ignoring all the changes.  I was more than likely on the path of doing the same for the next ten or so weeks, only to end my pregnancy with the surprise that a baby was being handed to me.  


So yes, I am bigger, my feet more swollen, my back more achy, an hour-and-a-half pregnancy massage the only thing that has saved my ability to move lately, but I am also more aware.  And I won't so easily  from this point on let this whole experience go without the excitement of someone going through it all for the first time. 


Next week I venture to Jessica's house for my baby shower!  A trip which will also be my last time for a long time being alone in my car.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning and doctor appointments every two weeks from this point on.  In two weeks, I start non-stress tests twice a week.  It's about to get busy!



No comments:

Post a Comment