Sunday, March 17, 2013

st. patty's day easter egg hunt

We started off our St. Patrick's Day with Lucky Charm cereal, because we're stereotypical like that.  And a green dress, just so Britton wouldn't be subjected to cruel pinching.  Really, ever since I graduated school, St. Patrick's Day doesn't hold much meaning for me, because you're not likely to find me out drinking green beer!  But today happened to be the first of many Easter Egg Hunts for Britton, so at the ripe early hour of 7:29 this morning, she was ready in her Easter dress to leave the house.

The Easter Egg Hunt began at 10:30 am.


First, I delayed her with the task of finding her Easter basket. It took all of 5 minutes to retrieve.  So then I distracted her with a couple of episodes of Fresh Beat Band.


By then the hubs was up and we decided to go to Wal-Mart on the way to the hunt.  We had ordered a glider rocker and a changing pad, and they were shipped to the store ready to be picked up.  I figured a little more distraction would help Britton take up the hour she had left until the hunt.  After getting what we needed at Wal-Mart, we were out of there and on to the community center.  The Easter Egg Hunt was held indoors, which is great because it was a balmy 30 degrees today.  Here's Britton chasing down her 10 eggs (yes, each kid had a limit)!


Skittles -yes!  Peppermint patty - no!




After less than three minutes of collecting eggs, we found a table and sat down to open them.  Britton wanted to know what goodies lay ahead!  Now, I was expecting that she would get some eggs and we would be out of there.  I was not expecting a person dressed as the Easter Bunny to show up.  Amateur hour on my part, I know, but I just didn't foresee it.  In walks this Easter Bunny and Britton about lost it!  She was shaking and scared, and I told her we didn't have to go meet him or take pictures with him. Turned out she wanted to go sit about 10 feet away from the bunny and just watch him.  That's fine with me - she needn't be unnecessarily exposed to any costumed character that embraces the double thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment