Saturday, March 16, 2013

baby deuce: 32 weeks


This week I officially start twice-weekly NSTs (non-stress tests) and every-other-week doctor visits.  My available sick time is going to get eaten up like it's going out of style!  Above is my typical outfit these days when I'm out of work - only pair of maternity jeans without holes, sneakers for my swollen legs and feet, a stained shirt with a drip on the belly usually, and a fleece that no longer zips because I'm too cheap to buy a maternity coat.    

The pregnancy is getting hard, but not as hard as having a newborn will be, so I don't complain.   I've never been one of those people that wants the pregnancy to end so I can hold my baby in my arms.  I like being pregnant, and since it will end without my decision I just wait for that day to come.  

My gestational diabetes is still being controlled by food - no insulin.  And I somehow lost 3 pounds last month, so even though the baby went from 2 to 4.9 pounds in a month, I have only gained 12 pounds total for the entire pregnancy.  Admittedly, I had some extra junk in the trunk to begin with!

We are still stuck between two names.  The middle name will be Robert, after my dad, but the first name is still in a tie.  I think it's harder this time because there will not be a next pregnancy to use the other name on.  Meaning, since we're not having a third kid, there's no chance we will have another boy and get to use the name we don't choose.  I don't want to wait until the kid is born to decide, because I remember how hormonal and weepy I was then.  No good life decisions are made during or directly after birth!

Tomorrow we are picking up the rocker glider and extra changing pad.  I spied a great idea at Jessica's house during my visit.  She has a two story house too and keeps her changing table on the first floor.  Brilliant!  So we're putting our changing table in the living room, and an extra changing pad on the baby's dresser.  Since we will be spending the majority of our time downstairs, it just makes since to have a designated changing place for him, plus a place to keep extra clothes so I don't have to go up and down stairs all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment