Sunday, March 31, 2013

baby deuce: 34 weeks


For the first time this entire pregnancy, for the first time in a long time, I was sick this week.  I woke up Friday morning heaving stomach acid so violently that I popped 100s of capillaries around my eyes and forehead.  I wasn't running a fever so I chalked it up to drainage.  I went ahead to my non-stress test that morning and the nurse asked me what happened to my face.  I told her about the throwing up and that I planned to explain it away by saying that the hubs woke me up by choking me.  She seemed wary of laughing at my bad joke, but domestic violence has a way of making people uncomfortable!  

Anywho, after my non-stress test I went to work.  And the waves of nausea started in again and I was certain my other end was going to erupt as well.  I wrote a quick email to my boss that I was going to work from home, gathered up some files and my computer, and a beta fish from the reception area (they had to get rid of them and asked if I would take one or else they would have to flush it and really, is that even an option?) and went home.  I never did get back to work.  I ate some egg noodles with butter (best nauseous food ever) and slept on the couch all afternoon with Sadie.  Memaw and PawPaw came into town early Saturday morning and took Britton out to breakfast so I could sleep in.  I ended up sleeping over 12 hours Friday night.  And another 2 hour nap Saturday afternoon.  I must have just caught a virus bug because I never did run a fever.

Other than those miserable days all is going well.  Memaw and PawPaw gave us a baby monitor this weekend!  We are ready, supply-wise, but so not ready for this baby to make an appearance quite yet.  I know how much work the "after" is and I'll wait at least another month if I can!  I'm achy and huge as a house and the baby likes to punch my intestines and hip sockets, but I'll manage.  I have an ultrasound on Tuesday to check for growth (or, in his case, too much of it) and luckily I've gained less than 20 pounds for the entire pregnancy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment