Thursday, February 7, 2013

the IRS took my master bath


The hubs and I love how Britton's bathroom and the powder room turned out, and we've turned our attention to the master bathroom.  In looking it over and seeing how much we're going to owe the IRS for taxes this year, plus my unpaid maternity leave, we're not going with a full remodel of the master bath.  Financially, it just doesn't make sense, for our wallets or the bottom line of our house price. 

So, with my nesting kicking into full gear around here, I pulled out ideas for a mini-renovation.  By cutting out retiling the floor, tiling the shower, and replacing the huge whirlpool tub, we are saving over 2/3 of the original quote.  Now, we plan on replacing the vanity, pulling the giant wall mirror off the wall and replacing it with two mirrors above the sinks, installing a mini-chandelier above the bathtub, replacing the shower insert doors, and replacing the tiny round toilet with a normal one. 

Do I just dream about these changes?  No!  I stalk websites for ideas and save pictures of all the goodies I find.  Can you believe that the vanity below is under $850, and includes the countertop and sinks?  We have a window over the tub covered in a mauve blind now.  I want to disguise the mauve blind with some French ticking balloon shades (style below in green, but I'd get the navy color).


And below is my beloved Benjamin Moore paint, this time in "Palladian Blue."  Some faux reclaimed wood shelves to match the vanity, a sparkly chandelier, navy towels to match the balloon shade, and new doors to replace our rusty old ones.

We're almost finished with the baby nursery, and spending this weekend on finalizing the formal living room/office.  So after those two rooms are checked off the list, we will move onto our final destination - the master bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment