Saturday, February 16, 2013

baby deuce: 28 weeks


My belly really came in this week.  But even more astounding is the fact that in the background of this picture is SUNSHINE!  And snow, sure, but SUNSHINE!  Can you tell it's been snowy and grey for weeks now?

A week ago I had another ultrasound to check on my low-lying placenta.  The ultrasound tech said it looked fine, but the doctor called and said I still have to do my pelvic rest.  Ugh.  They are doing another ultrasound at 30 weeks to re-check, even though there's no real danger anymore since the placenta is not covering the cervix.  The baby is weighing about 2 pounds, 9 ounces now and is right on schedule for growth.  Whew!  My gestational diabetes eating is working!

I've started my nesting, which includes finishing decorating projects around the house, and reorganizing every space I can find.  I have overwhelming desires to clean all the junk out, and the hubs is right there with me.  I think he wants to clear out more than me!  We reorganized the pantry, and I can feel a reorganization of the master closet coming up soon.  I just find clutter so irritating now that I want everything not useful/priceless/practical out of my house.

My second-trimester energy is gone now, and I'm lucky to make it to 9:30 pm without falling asleep on the couch.  Which is horrible timing because I've never been more committed to my quilting, and I quilt at night after Britton goes to bed!  I'm achy all over, and my co-workers are amused that I now waddle around.  My pelvic bones are separating now, which feels like I jumped on a bike without a seat.  And it gets worse the longer I sit at my desk!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are 28 weeks already! I had horrible pelvic issues with Tommy...my bones separated so much it was painful to do stairs or really walk at all, It was like magic when he was born it was gone almost instantly!

    ReplyDelete