Sunday, February 3, 2013

baby deuce: 26 weeks


I admit, I forgot to update at 24 weeks, but really there hasn't been many changes since then.  I haven't gained any weight, I don't think my belly looks much bigger, though my feet definitely do.  I'm hot all the time now, which doesn't help me when it's 5 degrees outside and the office blares the heat.  I can't even go into someone's office when they run a space heater - it's too much for me.  

Smells too.  My eyes burned and I had a hard time breathing when I was stuck in a work meeting next to a woman with too much perfume.  I can smell what kind of coffee co-workers make at the coffee machine.  My sense of smell is off the charts.  Of course, with that comes the return of my sweet musty oatmeal smell.  I don't know where the smell emanates from, nor do I especially want to pinpoint it, but I just have a general smell about me of sweet musty oatmeal.  Luckily, it doesn't seem anyone else can smell it!

I'm still on the gestational diabetes eating plan, and no doubt it has become as boring as you can imagine.  I eat the same meals every day:  sausage and a hard-boiled egg for breakfast; tuna on crackers and sugar-free jello for lunch; greek yogurt for snacks; dinner is what I would normally make, modified to be less carby for me.  But my blood sugar numbers are great, so I can't complain too much.  

We finally got some progress on the nursery!  I'll give a tour once the hubs can get the dresser upstairs.  It's ridiculously heavy and since I can't help him get it up there, he's waiting on his dad's arrival tomorrow to get it up there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment