Tuesday, November 6, 2012

the melissa quilt

Jessica is friends with a fellow teacher, who is due with her second child within the next few weeks. Melissa and Jessica are good friends, and I wanted to make Melissa a baby quilt from myself and Jessica for her soon-to-be-here baby girl.  Jessica and I decided on a purple and aquamarine color scheme, because she told me Melissa liked the "Brooklyn" bedding from Pottery Barn Kids.  I figured that even if she didn't use that bedding to decorate the nursery, I knew she would like the color combo.  I used a pattern I've used before, and I just love the ric rac!  Jessica gave the quilt to Melissa recently, so I finally get to share it with you!

Front:

Back:


Ric rac!  The bird fabric is Alexander Henry's "Starling Cute"


I quilted it in my loopy free motion, and included my patented "hidden heart" on one of the birds.



3 comments:

  1. Carrie, this quilt is even more beautiful in person! I need to get your address from Jessica to write you an official thank-you note, but I just had to tell you how much I LOVE this quilt! THANK YOU!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is one of my favorites you've done! I love the color combo and the birds! So stinkin' cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome Melissa! Mandy - I loved the birds too, and that was my first fabric pick. The colors of the fabric worked perfectly with the combo!

    ReplyDelete