Thursday, November 26, 2009

thankful

Britton's first road trip was a success! We went down to visit the hub's aunt, cousin, and grandma, and had a wonderful visit. We had a rocky start, as Britton didn't seem to be into the whole "being strapped down in the car" thing. We picked up Grandma at the airport and ended up giving Britton a bottle before hitting the road. By the time we got there, Britton was in good spirits, and the entire way home she giggled with Grandma.

Today we woke up bright and early, and I got antsy to start Christmas decorating. The hub rolled his eyes, but eventually the spirit got him too and he was setting up a Department 56 village. Then we took family portraits for our Christmas card (no previews here!) and then we made Thanksgiving dinner.

Today, as every day, I am thankful for my family. Not only the family you are born into, but also the family you choose. I am thankful that Grandma got to spend Thanksgiving with us. I am thankful for my beautiful baby girl and sassy doggy girl. I am thankful that I get to live in America. And, finally, I am thankful for clear starry Oklahoma nights.

Cotton fields and sunset...

Good car passenger...


Not snow...cotton...

Carrie, Judy, Britton & Sandra...

Generations...


I know I said we don't decorate until the day after Thanksgiving, but I got itchy to do it this year...


First Thanksgiving...


Britton loves the tree lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment