Tuesday, November 17, 2009

best gift ever



Dear Santa,

I've been a good girl this year. And I can think of many gifts I want, but what I really want you can't put under the tree on Christmas. I want to freeze time, and memorize every detail of my beautiful baby girl. I want to always remember the softness of her hair, the sweetness of her laugh, the fire in her cry, and the peace she has when sleeping. I want to always remember the color of her eyes, like the ocean before a storm. I want to always remember her contented sighs when she is eating. I want to always remember how difficult it was to get to this point, so that I will always be grateful that she is a part of my life. I want to always remember the first time she grasped my finger and wouldn't let go. And, finally, I want to always remember that she has taught me that the purest of human instinct is to love, and be loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment