Friday, November 6, 2009

ain't nothing but a crib thang



So, Sunday night Britton slept great. But come Monday and Tuesday night, she wasn't having any of it. We'd put her down, then she'd be right back up with reflux. Finally, both nights, I ended up taking her to bed with me. The hub and I knew we needed to find another sleeping solution. I noticed when she was in bed with me that she would stretch out during her sleep. We figured maybe the hammock was too confining at this point, and decided to move her into the crib. She napped great in there, but her first night was a little iffy for her. We kept soothing her, and putting her right back into the crib. And I was glued to the video baby monitor all night.

Last night we added a baby positioner sleeping wedge I borrowed from Missy, and I think we're finally getting somewhere. Britton is no longer swaddled at night or for naps because she is absolutely fascinated by her hands and sucks on them to soothe herself. She has reverted to wanting to eat every four hours at night now, but hopefully as she gets used to the crib she'll go for longer periods like she was before. Tonight we are trying a little rice cereal in her formula to help with the reflux.


Check out my spit bubbles...

No comments:

Post a Comment