Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the good and the bad (no ugly)

The Good

Britton almost rolled over today! She pulled her legs up and swung them around, turning her body over. I ran to get the video camera and spent a good ten minutes begging her to do it again. No such luck. So, I forced her into a re-enactment.

Laying on the ground, watching "Martha Stewart" make some gross celery root gratin dish*, and thinking about rolling...


"Hmmm, I rolled over and mom is freaking out. Awesome. Is she getting the video camera? How about I be stubborn and pretend to have no idea what she wants me to do?"






The Bad



Yes, that's Sadie napping with a Christmas moose toy. A toy she dragged out of the Christmas gift closet and put on such a pitiful display that I felt compelled to give it to her now. Except it was meant for Boomer. Because Sadie already found her toy last night, and the hub felt guilty and gave that one to her. So, she's napping because she's exhausted from playing with TWO new toys. If she keeps this up, her stocking's going to be empty!

*I know doctors and experts and such recommend that babies and children under two years old don't watch television. But she isn't being forced to watch episodes of "Cops" or "Grossest Medical Procedures V" and she likes the flashing lights, and I can't leave the television off all day or I'll go nuts, so it's ok.

1 comment:

  1. oh please! i have the tv on all day... it makes me feel like there are others around talking to me. sick i know. as long as there is no dirty language, sex, or violence... i say rock on! reese loves her some "tatoons," which is all we watch around here while they are awake... well that and football. :)

    ReplyDelete