Sunday, December 15, 2013

sweet treat gifts

I finally got my teacher and boss Christmas gifts ready to be delivered tomorrow!  Every year I bake for Christmas presents - I love baking and Christmas is the best excuse for excessive sugar consumption!  Last year, we did jars of sweet treats too, but that time I did the jars with crayons glued all around them for the teachers.    This year, I happened upon these great chalkboard labels, then by accident found some ruler washi tape.  Add in some raspberry and green twine, and I was set for some beautiful jars that had a "teacher" theme to them!  Bonus - the labels and tape come off easily, so the teachers can use the jars for something else when the treats are gone.


I made labels that listed the contents.  Recently we received a big box of chocolates at the office, and I picked the weird filled one without knowing what was in it.   Always lovely to gag and spit chocolate out in front of your co-workers!  This way, there's no iffy surprises.  I also added an Amazon gift card and a homemade pot holder.


The raspberry twine was left over from Britton's birthday, and I found the green at JoAnns.  I actually lucked out with the raspberry color instead of red, since the "red" chalk I used on the labels turned out to be more raspberry pink than red.


The treats - ginger cookies, toasted coconut cashew cookies, peanut butter balls covered in white chocolate, peppermint bark, and lemon shortbread bars.  My boss and my boss's boss are receiving the same treats, but in these Christmas tins instead of jars.



Four teachers and two bosses - all finished and ready to be delivered tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment