Saturday, December 14, 2013

cookies with Santa

Today we were greeted with continuous snow.  From 10:00 am on it just never stopped.  But did that stop us from getting to our "Cookies and Milk with Santa" fun at lunchtime?  No way!  First up - icing the cookie.  


Then as the hubs kept our place in line, Britton and I took turns taking pictures in the elf cut-out.



But then, oh, it was Britton's and Barrett's turns to meet Old Saint Nick!  I have to admit, I wondered if Britton would even get near Santa.  In Santa visits past, Britton has avoided any contact like the plague - I don't think she's ever voluntarily been close enough to Santa for me to even get a photo.  But this year, that all changed.  She hopped right up into Santa's lap, and Santa went down a list of toys Britton would like while Britton nodded at each toy.  Barrett just hung out, let Britton have the limelight, and may or may not have drooled on Santa's beard.


Then this afternoon, with the snow still not stopping, Britton and I went out to sled and make a snow-woman.  Yes, her head is bigger than her body.  She's got sass and charm, that snow-woman!



No comments:

Post a Comment