Monday, December 2, 2013

52 months old


Oh, this girl is growing up fast!  And while I expected that she would move from baby dolls to Barbie dolls, play kitchen to "Mommy, can I help make brownies?", I didn't know I'd be fielding requests for ear piercing (my answer was a resounding no) and sleepovers.  Granted, she only knows about sleepovers from her books, so there's no real understanding of it, but still.  She's just getting so big so fast.

According to my parent-teacher conference this morning, Britton is doing great in school. She loves playing with the other kids, is learning sign language and Spanish, and has a real love of learning.  And last week, she was watching a video where one of the My Little Ponies started crying.  And she started crying too because the pony was sad.  A breakthrough to me - Britton had learned empathy, something that can't be taught.


Likes:  Barrett, singing and dancing, playing with all her old toys I took out for Barrett, Christmas lights

Dislikes:  consistently wearing a coat (good thing she's impervious to the cold!), having her knotty hair brushed

No comments:

Post a Comment