Monday, December 9, 2013

christmas card 2013

Learning our lesson from last year, we planned on our Christmas card photo session for the end of October, when we were more likely to get non-freezing weather.  Oh, I remember last year, sitting on that park bench and all of us just freezing our rear ends off!  I wanted to do a royal blue and Kelly green color combo this year, as it's still festive and yet different enough from last year's color combo of red and grey.  

Originally, we planned on photos on a Saturday afternoon.  But the wind was so bad, we knew we'd be fighting hair flying everywhere and the baby looking stunned.  Memaw and I tried out different locations indoors, but we couldn't find a place that got good lighting and would hold all of us.  So, we put it off a day.

My friend Rachel came over to take the photos, and she took some great ones!  The one secret I've learned about getting good family photos - take as many photos as possible in a short period of time.  People get tired of smiling and sitting up straight, and the freshest-looking pictures always seem to come at the beginning of the roll (so to speak, since does anyone use film anymore?  Anyone?)

My first favorite...


But it was hard to see Britton's face.  So, my second choice was this one...


But Jessica said it looked like everyone was laughing at the same joke and goofing around and I was waiting for everyone to get their act together and just take the picture.  Long description, I know, but while it was one of my favorites I could also see her point.  What I saw as fun and spontaneous, less posed and stiff, was slightly off because I'm looking at the camera while no one else is.

So, I conferred with Memaw and we decided on the final photo and card selection, so without further ado, here is our 2013 Christmas card...


And the back...


No comments:

Post a Comment