Monday, June 24, 2013

water play day


We went to the water park today, just me and Britton.  Britton has waited patiently for two weeks to get to the water park, waiting out rain and the demands of the errand-filled weekends that can't be put off, so the water park gets pushed to the bottom of the list.  And I can't bring Barrett because he'll wilt like a flower after 20 minutes.  Nor did I want to, since one of the reasons we were going was so I could play with Britton independent of her brother.  Like "the old days."  So, we finally got it all worked out, chores completed and have-to's out of the way, and I took Britton.  

The complex is right across the street from our neighborhood, and has a huge pool, a splash area, and a big water slide.  Britton wanted to go on the water slide, but with a little convincing, I got her into the splash area.

Yes, this is summer.  Welcome, summer.  We've missed you terribly.





No comments:

Post a Comment