Monday, June 17, 2013

is it summer yet?

I've either been indoors feeding/rocking/burping Barrett, or I'm asleep.  Seriously, the only time I go outside is to get in my car to pick up Britton from school or take her to swimming lessons or the library.  Every evening Britton and I have been going on a walk, and I count that as my vitamin D intake for the day!  Granted, the weather here has been spotty for weeks now - rainy, then sunny (within a ten minute window) and some days just downright cold.  

So when the window of sunlight opened yesterday, we pulled out the spray beach ball we picked up when Jessica was in town.  Memaw held the baby, and Britton and I got into the spray.  Her in a swimsuit, me in my clothes.  And damn if it wasn't cold as ice!  But she was having fun, I got to be "cool spontaneous mom" even if only for five minutes, and I honestly count that five minutes as the first shower I've had this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment