Sunday, June 9, 2013

deja vu all over again

I've had a hankering all week to purge my house of clutter and mess.  Apparently the nesting instincts are still rearing their ugly heads a month after birth!  First and foremost, I needed my sewing space to get cleaned up.  I had scraps everywhere and no rhyme or reason for their organization.  The hubs got me some great plastic bins and I planned to get everything organized this afternoon, or as soon as the baby was settled into a nap (or sacked out on the hubs, as the baby prefers) and I could convince Britton to "help" me. We all know that a three-year-old isn't going to be offering much assistance, but I tried to get her to "help" me and then at least the hubs wouldn't be corralling two kids upstairs by himself.  The kids seem to have perfected their timing of Barrett losing it for a bottle just when Britton goes running out the back door.

Britton has dubbed her Dora doll as her "baby" and does everything to this doll that we do to Barrett - wiping, diapering, feeding, dressing, you name it.  So when she ventured into our basement work room where I store my fabrics, she instantly spotted my tubs of old clothes I keep down there too.  Most are filled with Britton's old clothes for Emily, but some are memory tubs with special outfits, including clothes I made Britton.  And she decided that her baby needed a dress, and if the baby was getting a dress then so was Britton!  

And here's the dress she picked.  And decided to wear with shorts (seriously, we aren't the Brady Bunch around here. Remember those ridiculously short dresses Cindy wore? Anyone?  Anyone?  Ok, just me then) to the playground.  


And here Britton is wearing the dress in her 19 month picture.  Over two years ago!  




No comments:

Post a Comment